Saturday, November 2, 2013

Six Word Saturday



Can I just say, CANCER sucks!
 
Yup, that is it in a nut shell.
 
Been pretty quiet around here.
 
These past couple weeks have been pretty difficult.
 
We found out that not one but two people in our lives have this dreaded disease.
 
One, my uncle, who has been more like a father to me for years.
 
I lived with his wife and him for many years growing up. 
She passed in 2005.  May she rest in peace.
 
Grew up with their boys.  More like my brothers.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
He has Lymphoma.
 
Although, treatable it has invaded most of his lymph nodes
and has caused lots of complications with other organs.
 
We are taking things day by day.
 
He has been in ICU since October 15th
and not sure when he will be getting out.
 
He had his first full round of chemo
and will have another tail end of next week.
 
It has been rough.
 
But I have to keep things in perspective.
 
I can come home to my immediate family.
 
I am not stuck in ICU fighting for my life
or putting poison in my body to fight poison.
 
It is even more rough for him. 
I know he is struggling.
But he is a fighter.
 
"Have faith", he tells me the other day.
 
He obviously could sense I was feeling a bit hopeless.
He is the one that is sick but yet is comforting me.
That is who he is.
Now it is time to let us take care of and comfort you.
 
 I do have faith and will continue to have faith.
 
I believe he is going to kick cancers butt. 
They don't know what an ornery, stubborn man they are dealing with.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 
As I believe my dear friend who was diagnosed
with breast cancer a few weeks ago will kick it too.
YOU GOT THIS!
 
She started chemo this past week.
What a dear sweet friend she is.
She loves God, her family & friends.
She has three children and a loving husband
who adore her and she them. 
 
 
 
 
I pray for them daily.
For their healing.
For strength to keep fighting.
For comfort for them and their loved ones.
To give the doctors who are caring for them the wisdom to treat them.
For them to not lose the faith when it is so easy to do.
 
 
Will you pray for them too?
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am linking this up to 6WS meme over at Cates.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I have just whispered my prayer for your Uncle and for your Friend. Cancer is such a dreadful disease and I pray you and your loved ones keep the faith through this battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been praying for them both, and will continue to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen- my dearest friend has kicked breast cancer and I wish all the best for your two to have complete recovery.It's a tough time.
    ps please consider not using word verification as it makes me sometimes have to retry several times- hard to see accurately Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes life doesn't make sense...hugs for you my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -