Thursday, August 29, 2013

What's All The Fuss About?

Ha!

Made you look.

All the fuss, you know what I am talking about right?  I am probably the last one to jump on the VMA Miley Cyrus twerking scandal.  Dun.Dun.Dun.  Scandal?  Says who?  VMA performers have always been WAY over the top.  Miley is nothing new.  This is how they get ratings.  Most people tune in just to see who is going to push the envelope, make the censors go nuts, right?  It is hardly about music any longer (just like MTV in general). I haven't actually watched the VMAs in ages, this year was no different but I could not escape the scandal no matter how hard I tried.  It is all over the news!  Every media outlet is talking about it.  But the first rule of publicity is:  negative publicity is better than no publicity and well, Miley Cyrus was not making much in the line of news of late if I recall (unless you call her on again/off again engagement newsworthy), but she is NOW.  We see and hear you loud and clear, much more than many of us probably want. 

I get that she is no longer Hannah Montana.  I get it is hard to break out of that role but you were Hannah Montana for many years and it will take many years probably to break out of that role.  Another thing to keep in mind while you WERE Hannah Montana, you had a huge following of young girls, who have grown up with you and now also as young adults probably still look to you as a role model which is too bad.  Because you are definitely not a role model at this point that I would want my daughter to look up to. 

Stop degrading yourself.  You have talent (more so than you obviously think). You can sing.  You can act.  You can dance.  And I am not talking the bumping and grinding twerking.  That is not dancing; that is more for the bedroom not for the dance floor or stage for everyone to witness.  There is no need to parade around half naked gyrating your itty bitty booty to make your point.  And that poor foam finger; hopefully it is in a trash can somewhere never to see where the sun doesn't shine EVER. AGAIN. 

And let's not forget Robin Thicke.  I actually liked him before he went mainstream and well now in light of this, not so much.  Although,  I bet he didn't really know what he was getting himself into and I am sure Miley failed to rehearse the vulgar parts with him during the earlier rehearsals.  I mean honestly isn't Robin Thicke almost old enough to be her father?  (I think he is 36 so yes technically if he had a child when he was 16 then he is old enough to be her father)  And I wonder what his beautiful wife Paula Patton thought of all this?  I know it is all part of the "act" and what they signed up for so it doesn't sound like she thought a whole lot about it from what I have read so far. Now his mother on the other hand.  Her interview was funny. Maybe when they have a daughter it will hit home a bit more about what all the fuss is about.

In closing, Miley use your talent for good not for shock value.  Don't you see that many of the young artists that have gone down this path are not very successful long term?   I know you are still immature and have a lot of growing up to do but really put some clothes on and your tongue back in your mouth.  You look much better that way.

 
 

 
 
 Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -