Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



As David Bowie so eagerly sang back in the day.


"I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet...."


Changes.  Seem like every time I turn around.  One thing or another.   Just when we think we got the sails just right, they change the direction of the wind.  I guess that is what working in a corporate world is all about. New people, new policies, new processes. I'm not used to it having worked for a small company for so many years.  Now don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that I am no longer in that position however when you are in the corporate world, you are just a cog in the wheel more often than not so not having a voice has been a bit stifling.

We had an announcement at work this past Monday.  Our company is reorganizing and creating 3 Center of Excellence locations for the job functions that I do.  Thank goodness I am already in one of those centers.  Dodged a bullet.  However some of the other offices where there are similar job functions not so lucky AND even within our offices, there were several people that were realigned and/or layed off.  I have been praying for those impacted.  I don't know all that are impacted, only heard about a few here and there....not like they make a major announcement of who is realigned or layed off, you just learn when faces change, emails no longer work, etc.

And then if that wasn't enough....the next day, no coincidence to this corporate announcement, but my manager, notified our team that she gave her notice last week and her last day is next Friday.  WOW!  So didn't see that coming.  She has worked here for awhile and it sounds like where she is going is a growth opportunity in every aspect so I am happy for her...however that leaves our team in limbo.  We have a really great lead and our director, however he is out of state.  I am hoping that our current lead just moves over into the managerial position.  She is great to work with, very helpful, knowledgeable, etc... I guess time will tell.  This is about to get interesting.  Ha!

On a funny note since the above is so bone dry serious....today I was talking with a fellow colleague via internal messaging and intended to ask that he take a peek at an order but instead of saying take a peek I said, "Can you take a pee"....LOL.  We all got a kick out of that...I literally was laughing so hard I was crying. 

Any major life changes coming your way?

 
 





1 comment:

  1. Corporate life a-yep - as usual this is right up there with happenings in my world. I just escaped from that corporate jungle due to so much change and unrest where I was.

    Glad you're okay and hope you get the new Manager you want :-)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -