Monday, January 28, 2013

Menu Plan Monday

It is clean out the fridge/freezer/pantry week at our house.  I am finding we have lots of food that if we don't eat it soon, it will be going bad and no sense in wasting.  Heck, it might even be bad already so....here goes something or nothing....


Sunday

Potatoe & Vegetable Casserole*
Applesauce

Monday

Hot Dogs
Corn

Tuesday

Vegetable Stir Fry
Yakisoba Noodles

Wednesday

Spaghetti
Green Salad

Thursday

Grilled Cheese Sammich
Tomatoe Soup

Friday

Veggie Pot Pie
Orange Wedges

Saturday

TBA

I just went to the store to get a few provisions like milk, bread, eggs, but other than that, I did not go full on grocery shopping this week. 

It will be interesting what else I find lurking in the fridge/freezer/pantry.  I am a little scared.  LOL.

Do you ever do this?  Does it work out? 


I read an article on Huffington Post just recently (although it was published in December) and really hit home about how much food we all really probably have at any given time.  Astonishing really.


I am linking this up this post with Laurie at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

 
  MPM-Winter



*I will post this recipe shortly because I just threw it together and it turned out really good.

5 comments:

  1. I do try to do this occasionally, but not as often as I should. You've just inspired me to try and go create a menu for next week by checking out my pantry! Thanks for hosting TALU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I do this as much as possible and yet I still find some things lingering in the back of the pantry or the bottom of the freezer. Some days I just refuse to go shopping to force my family to eat what we have, and you know what? - they do it! Good luck to you, and thanks for hosting TALU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should do this more often--take stock of what's in the pantry and use it! Thanks for the inspiration. (Visiting through TALU.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am visiting from the TALU. I did the whole cleaning out and up the refrig last week. What a mess. I feel your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have fridge cleanouts every few weeks. My wallet loves that week, even if my tastebuds don’t! I’ve actually started designating at least one night a week to eating up leftovers…and I’ll even make it two nights if the recipes from the week made a ton of food. That seems to at least help a little bit in the short run.

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -