Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Can I Just Say....WOW!

I mean I knew I had ahhhhsome readers and followers...and I knew that the blogosphere is full of great supportive people but ....the responses I have been receiving on a few of my recent weight loss posts, have been more than I ever anticipated and they are so helpful in motivating me even more.

I am doing this for me but now I will be doing this for you too!  I am the everyday average women who struggles with her weight.  I want to share it all with you which is why I had to *get real* and post that picture of myself at my starting point.   

A few of you have chimed in that you are on the same journey and I commend you and want to support you just as you are supporting me!  I think support, encouragement and accountability help everyone be successful in many endeavours. 

A few have said you are not ready or just don't think you can do it and that is ok.  It will only work for you, when you are ready.  Only you can make the change.  But I hope that I can be an inspiration to you that you really can do this without the gimmick diets, without the magic pills, meal replacement shakes/bars, etc. 

I posted this quote on my personal Facebook status a few days ago....Did you know I have a I'm Not Superwoman fan page? 

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu.

And it is so true.  For those of you who are still on the fence about starting your weight loss journey start out with a single step. 

:::Take the stairs.

:::Park further away at the mall or store. 

::::No going back for seconds.

::::Cut out that pop a day habit.  (or several)

::::Walk.  If only for 20-30 mins a day.  Walk. 

::::Drink lots of water.

I am by no means an expert, obviously, but I have implemented a few of these small changes and they have already shown me results that I will write about tomorrow in my Weigh In Wednesday post.  I am still on the fence whether or not I am going to do a linky.  Maybe I will find some time this weekend to set it up and create a really cool button.  We'll see. 


Again, thank you all so much for your supportive words.  I appreciate you all more than words can even convey.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You took a huge risk and shared something very personal. Kudos for that. You deserve tons of support; and I thank you for offering support to the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Leslie. And yes it is very personal and hoping that I can inspire others along the way even just a little bit.

      Delete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -