Friday, November 25, 2011

It's All Greek To Me Stuffing

I came up with the recipe a bit on the fly but can I just say it turned out better than I imagined. 

It was D-E-L-I-S-H!

I made it in the crockpot in addition to the *regular* stuffing we stuffed in the turkeys for Thanksgiving.

Ingredients

  • Bag of herb seasoned bread chunks (buy in the bakery section)*
  • 3 celery stocks, chopped
  • 1 container of sun dried tomatoes (3 oz; buy in produce section)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces ) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 can sliced olives, drained
  • 4 oz crumbled Feta Cheese (we love cheese especially feta)
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth

Directions

  • Mix all items together in crockpot with the exception of the Feta Cheese
  • Cook on low for 3 hours, mixing occasionally
  • Add Feta Cheese the last 15 minutes




Photobucket


This was definitely a change from the *regular* stuffing.  And everyone loved it!  I wished I had made more of it.


*Or you can use Focaccia bread.  That was my original intent however the store was completely out so I had to improvise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -