Monday, October 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday $7 Dinner Challenge

It is week #4 in my challenge to make dinners for $7 or less for my family of 5.

I have only slipped a few times so I think all and all these past 4 weeks have been a success.  Have you seen my previous weeks menus? 

Week #1
Week #2
Week #3



And now here we are.  And of course, as always, I am linking up with I'm An Organizing Junkie albeit a little bit late.  Crazy weekend so I am only posting now, Monday evening.


Sunday

Chili at Church Function

Total Cost:  N/A

Monday

Italian Beef & Rice (One Skillet Wonder!)**

Total Cost: $5.48

Tuesday

Goulash
Green Salad

Total Cost: $6.96

Wednesday

Corn Squares & Bean Dressing**
Mexican Salad (Lettuce, Corn, Black Beans & Chipotle Dressing)

Total Cost: $7.36

Thursday

BLT Sandwiches
Carrots & Ranch

Total Cost: $5.98

Friday

Steven Curtis Chapman Concert ---Quick Bite Out

Saturday

Chicken & Green Bean Casserole
Applesauce

Total Cost: $8.16

Total Cost for dinners in Week 4:  $33.94. 

Again not too bad.  Even though I went over a few nights by just a bit, it all evened out so still under budget as a whole.  This of course though was only for 5 nights. 


**I will be sharing these recipes on another post.  Make sure to check back.

Salad dressings are not included in the total cost since always have a variety of dressings on hand. 

Bread is not included in total cost since it is a staple always have on hand.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think I spent that much on one dinner the other night--I'm so impressed. That chicken and green bean casserole sounds so good. :)

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -