Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An Anniversary and An Anniversary



Recently my husband I celebrated our wedding anniversary.  Originally we were going to celebrate it on our actual day but those plans got derailed.  Instead we just rolled with it, went out to eat with the kids in tow and decided we would have another time for our own quiet dinner the following weekend.  Which is what we did. 

This past Saturday evening we enjoyed ourselves at a very nice German restaurant Rheinlanders where they have authentic German food.  Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Bavarian Pretzels, Shepard's Pie, Potato Pancakes w/apple sauce and sour cream.  YUM!


The waiters/waitresses are all dolled up in German attire.  They even come around with accordion players and sing German music. It is so fun!


Photobucket



As you know I am FOND-ue of cheese so we of course shared some  FONDUE.  (I know kinda cheesy attempt at being funny).  Ha!  Cheesy!


Photobucket




We then went to one of our smaller movie theaters and saw Drive with Ryan Gosling (from The Notebook fame).  I knew this was a bit of a dark movie/role for Ryan Gosling and generally I like Ryan Gosling but this movie, it was a little over the top for him.  I know he is trying to step out of his rom com roles that he has been stereotyped in but I think this role just didn't work for this handsome, clean cut actor. 

It was really graphic too which I could have done without. 

I did however like Carey Mulligan in her role.  She is a very emotional actress without trying too hard. It is easy to *feel* for her in not only this film but other films she has been in.


Ohh and guess what!  I am having another anniversary on Thursday, October 27th!  It is my BLOGIVERSARY!  One year ago Thursday I started my blog.  Where did the time go? 

Make sure you stop in on Thursday, I am going to share a bit about how it began and what I have learned this past year about the BLOGOSPHERE. 

Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! My hubby and I just celebrated ours too and we had fondue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary - lovin the sound of this meal and I too have a strong fondness for cheese - are you surprised?

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -