Monday, December 13, 2010

Poached

Awhile back I did a post on making home made Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwhiches, kind of like the ones you can buy at Starbucks, but without the hefty price tag. 

I am taking it one step further.  Instead of cooking the eggs in a muffin tin so they come out perfectly round, I have purchased a "microwave egg poacher." 

Didn't I tell you I like to cut corners?  Any time I can shave a few minutes off what ever I am doing without compromising the end result, I am there...


Anyways, back to the egg poacher.  I bought one at Ross for $2.99!  And so far it has worked wonderfully.   I made myself an egg and cheese breakfast sandwhich yesterday morning using my new gadget.

It is so simple to use.  You break an egg into each side of the poacher.  Poke the yolk with a fork, add a teaspoon of water to each side, close and snap lid. Microwave for 1 min or so with two eggs.  I only did one egg so I microwaved for 45 seconds. 

Toast my english muffin, slap the egg onto the muffin, add a slice of cheese and/or canadian bacon or ham.  Fold into a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds for cheese to melt.  (If you add canadian bacon or ham I would recommend heating that up separately for a little bit longer).

There you have it...It is quick, it is easy and it is cheap!  No more excuses to pay $3.00-$4.00 for that breakfast sandwhich when you can make your own at a fraction of the price!





You can also use the grill side of the poacher to reheat pre cooked breakfast meats such as sausage, bacon, ham, etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -