Friday, November 19, 2010

Low Cost or No Cost-UPDATED

With Christmas rapidly approaching I wanted to share some low cost or no cost gift ideas for those with small children. 

We have many ornaments that the kids have made over the years they hang on our tree year after year.  Memory books.  Place mats.  Macaroni wreath with a picture in the middle of a toothless child.   I have a small clay bowl that Kyleigh made me years ago that I have on my desk at work that holds my paper clips.  Every time I look at it, it brings back memories of when she was young.  I have a "coffee cup" also at work that Tyler made that I keep my pens in. 

I know the "gifts" I cherish the most are the handmade gifts.  The ones that were made by the little hands of the ones I love the most.

These every day treasures didn't cost much to make but they are worth a million dollars to me.

Here are some quick and easy gift ideas that your small children can help make for gifts:

Handmade coupons for cleaning, babysitting, pet walking, yard work...
Ornaments (Craft Warehouse and Michael's have weekly ornaments making workshops)
Macaroni/Pretzel Wreath Picture Frame
Hands & Feet Reindeer (you can always laminate this so you or loved one can display in the years to come and remember back to when their hands/feet where so small)
Pine Cone Christmas Tree
Candy Cane Reindeer (These are always one of my favorites.  They are cute and yummy!)

Addition:

Don't forget HomeDepot Kid Workshops on the first Sat of every month and Lowes also offers these on most Saturdays (Build & Grow).  Hayden goes to the HDK Workshop each month and always brings home cute projects and he gets a pin for his apron each time.  (Thank you MG for reminding me about these; I totally spaced them)

 If you are not very crafty, how about some easy cooking projects:

Homemade cookies in holiday bags/tins (Dollar Tree has a good assortment of bag/tins)
Cocoa In a Jar or Brownie/Cookie Mix in a Jar
Homemade Chex Mix (this is super easy and there are tons of recipes EVEN Gluten Free)
Homemade Salsa
Popcorn Balls (you can add food coloring to make them red/green)

This is just a few ideas of items that I have received and/or made over the years.  If you have any ideas that you would like to share, let me know and I will post them.

If you hover over each of the items, I have put a link for each to a coordinating website.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -