Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Women's Retreat

 I recently returned from a Women's Only weekend retreat in Lincoln City.   As much as I struggled with the "mommy" guilt leading up to the weekend I am glad I went... It was definetly food for my soul and I didn't realize how much I needed it until I was there! 

But man did I feel guilty right up until I got into my friends car to leave...I mean I was leaving the children (18yr,12yr,3yr & 5 months) behind for my (capable) husband to care for, for a whole weekend.  So many things crossed my mind leading up to the "big" event... How would he be able to do it without me?  Would they have three square meals while I was gone? Would they get baths?  What about clean clothes?  Don't even get me going on, "What if he forgets to change K's diaper? (often enough)"

In the end, the house didn't burn down, the kids ate, their clothes were dirty but I am sure that was because it was 6:30 pm on Sunday when I returned (ohhhh yes, we milked the weekend right up until dusk).  Heck the kids, they barely even noticed I was gone; husband on the other hand....I think he might have a better appreciation for how much "I" (woman in general do EVERYDAY)....Now the house looked like a tornado hit it (that would be Hayden)...but I learned something from the retreat that I put to use the second I walked through the door....IT'S OK IF THE HOUSE IS A MESS (sometimes).  Life is too short to cry over spilled milk (the cat will lick it up anyways).  It is now time to sit back, relax and spend some time with my husband and kids.  They missed me!  They truly missed me....(maybe just a little bit).

In closing, one of the "wiser" woman at the retreat  said it best, "Womans Lib, sure wasn't liberating, now was it? Now we are not only expected to work in the home but also outside the home."    So often we find that we try and be everything to everyone at all times and we often fail miserably...at something.  I mean really can we be good---perfect at everything?  Can women *now* truly have it all?

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Nice Jen! I am so glad to read this feedback about the retreat! I don't know about the "wiser" woman part...! Really cool blogspot. Thanks for sharing! ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up your first ever post - you will see there is always something going on over at my blog - hope you make lots of new friends with the various link ups - check back often ... but I will remind you by computermail (just warning you!)

    and now your first evah post has another COMMENT!

    ReplyDelete

I *heart* comments!

 
- Copyright 2020 imnotsuperwoman.com - Designed By: Layne Design Studio -